In the event of this school being closed due to inclement weather or a critical incident, the following arrangements have been made by the Education Committee.
• If closure is limited to only some schools, details will be broadcast on local radio stations, frequencies as follows: -
- BBC Somerset - 95.5FM / 1566 AM
- Heart - 102.6FM – Tel: 0117 984 3200
- Breeze - 100.8FM / 102.4FM / 107.4FM - Tel: 0117 966 6107
• The BBC Somerset website lists school closures and has a link to live local radio: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/somerset/
• Our school website will provide closure details.
• In exceptional circumstances the Education Committee may close all establishments. When this happens, information will be broadcast on radio and television.
Should weather conditions give you reason to doubt that the school will be open, the following action should be taken unless you have been made aware of the situation via local radio, as mentioned above: - It is hoped that there will be someone in school between 8.30am and 9.00am – and 3.15pm to 4.00pm, so you should ring Stogumber on 01984 656311 and Crowcombe on 01984 618273. If there is no reply by 8.45am, it is likely that no staff have been able to get to work and the school will be closed. This will be confirmed with a radio announcement.
Parents must make arrangements to ensure that, in the event of school closing early, their children will be safely escorted from school and cared for by a responsible adult.
PLEASE NOTE No child will be allowed to leave school unaccompanied. Should there be a need to close early, you will be contacted according to the information you have already supplied the school.