The Autumn term seems long ago but our children's reflections in Key Stage 2 need to be shared. They had a rich and varied range of experiences and each child had something different to say. I think they found it hard to choose their favourites and what is obvious is how they all enjoy the regular music and singing happening through out the term.
Here are a few of their thoughts when asked what they enjoyed the most;
- Violin - It is such fun and I can make some tunes.
- Animation - I would like to do more. It is a new skill I can now do.
- Commotion in the Ocean (drama production) - It was funny and understandable.
- Wizard of Oz - It was the best play ever as Dexter was in it. I really liked it as they made it their own.
- Drumming - I love the sound. It makes me feel relaxed.
- Waste workshop - I have learnt new skills and feel the waste on the beach is so sad.
- Play in a day at Taunton school - It was different and challenged me. It was super duper fun!
- What does it inspire them to do;
- To play ALL the string instruments.
- To start dancing, perform at home and show all my family.
- I have been waiting so ling to do the waltz and now I don't have to worry.
- To do a play on waste ourselves instead of other people.
- I would like to do beach combing every week.
- When asked what they would like to develop further;
- to do costume, - making and creating. To go back stage and see how they make costumes and how they are used in plays.
- Music - as it can be a huge influence on drama. Using it to change the atmosphere would be an interesting thing to learn.
I love the way we go out and have loads and lots of fun.